Some thoughts and pics gleaned from the immersion in the Vegas scene

Friday, December 11, 2009

No pics today

Yep I did it again - had a camera malfunction. Seems I left the battery in the charger when I grabbed the camera when leaving to take pics of the Bellagio Conservatory. Naturally brother in law had to bring up the time of the Death Valley trip, a few years back, when the happy snapper (me) proceeded to take award winning pics of Death Valley only to discover at the end of the day that the film had failed to lock into the rewinder. Sometimes pic-taking is a hit and miss thing.

Anyway despite the no-pic time the rest of the day was spent taking in the new sites on the strip. New City Centre is going to be a windswept, in the winter and a heatsink in the summer, and as the whole concept of 6,000 condos depends on the "nouveau riche" it may be a dinosoar before its time.

However good news to report: so far the gambling gods are shining down, I still have my stake. Playing games with a negative expectation, that's good news. And $3.00 tables are much easier to find this trip - that makes the money go further, although I had my best result on a $5.00 table.

Big Elvis is still showing off his weight loss and singing well. Sat next to a couple from Calgary, they are in town for the rodeo, they watch it at the many big screens around town but snowbird it for six months in Yuma AZ.

Today we are going to hit the shopping, electronic gazing for me and the outlet malls for the others, The weather is going to be 40 deg (F) so no snow for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment